Water World Reunited at Aquatech Amsterdam
Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 looks back on a vibrant week and proved to be a true reunion for international water professionals. The energy to meet, do business and the excitement to see each other in-person was tangible. Being the first major get-together in two years and given the chance to finally meet in person, Aquatech Amsterdam 2021 buzzed with exhibitors, speakers, panel discussions, competitive pipe tapping. Four days of an energetic, informative and interactive show ensured visitors were kept informed, engaged and energized throughout the entire week bumping into old friends and making new valuable connections.
Exhibitors took pride in setting up their incredible booths. Speakers came in by train, car, plane and even bike to give the latest news of the innovations they have been working on. Discussions were flowing, debates were enthralling and the technology on show was simply captivating. “Research showed that networking and knowledge exchange was higher on the visitor agenda than ever,” said Editha Hoogenberg, Director Aquatech Amsterdam. “Our partners in the HUBs, the associations and country pavilions composed an amazing program covering over 100 topics and serving a cold drink afterwards to relax and encourage those unexpected meetings.”
Aquatech 2021 highlights included:
- Kicking off on Sunday night with an ‘invitation-only’ intimate get-together, celebrating stories of personal and professional failure and the invaluable learning (Failing Forward). Among them, Principle Sponsor DuPont courageously shared their story.
- On Monday, the Aquatech Innovation Forum themed ‘Celebrating Water’s Change Makers’ united innovators, investors, start-ups, utilities and even a futurist.
- The Opening followed by the Innovation Dinner put the Innovation Award winners center stage.
- The jury selected as the Overall winner of the Aquatech Innovation Award: Autonomic Inspection Robot by Submerge.
- And for the first time in the history of the Innovation Award, the Aquatech Community Award was organized. Water tech professionals voted for their favorite innovation: Nijhuis Saur Industries & Semilla Sanitation for CLC for decentralized water provision.
- Four days of Aquatech Amsterdam started on Tuesday with 458 exhibitors eagerly awaiting the opening of the doors.
- The specialty and knowledge HUBs on desalination, digital water, industrial water and water quality.
- The Dutch champions drilling and tapping saw winners in four categories: the men of Water company Groningen, the ladies of Drenthe, the management of Groningen and the students of Brabant Water.
- More than usual exhibitors hosted receptions to return to the old ways of networking and socializing.
- Four country pavilions combined with the visit of ambassadors and a European parliamentarian.
- The 4K AquaRUN was won by Christoph Landry, Culligan, Country manager for Service Operations and Sales. Envagua, sponsor of the run, led by example and enrolled an impressive team for the run.
- The proceeds of the Innovation Award participants and the AquaRUN were donated to this year’s charity AMREF flying doctors.
Under well-known circumstances, a visitor attendance of 11,474 originating from 106 countries was reached on closing day. When adding to that the exhibitor staff, delegates, simultaneous events etc., the number climbs to a total attendance of 17,949 over the whole week, a truly global marketplace. The positive result was confirmed and underlined by the exhibitors. A record-breaking 84 percent of them immediately rebooked for Aquatech Amsterdam 2023 while the doors of 2021 were still open.
“Like so many we had a tough year but I am very proud of the result. To do better and more business in person contact has proven to be priceless. The energy and inspiration off all these different conversations and encounters where tangible and turned this in a unique edition of Aquatech Amsterdam. A heartfelt thank you goes to our exhibitors for their support and trust,” said Annette Bos, Director Aquatech Global. “Together with our visitors they helped us put on a great show. Together we made it work!”
Aquatech Amsterdam 2023 will convene November 6-9, 2023. The Aquatech Innovation Forum is set for November 6, 2023.