At WQA’s annual Mid-Year Leadership Conference, the section meetings are a great place to learn how you can get started making an impact in the water quality industry. The event, which will take place in San Antonio, TX, September 9-11, will provide members with many opportunities to become involved:
- Government Affairs Federal & State Joint Committee Meeting – From Washington, DC, to state governments, WQA will hit on all the hot topics happening around the country.
- Regional & State WQA Section– In a round-robin style, we will hear updates from state association representatives. Participants will discuss strategies to strengthen the relationship and communication between WQA and state associations.
- Commercial/Industrial Section – Come for a highly engaging series of round-table discussions on manganese and Legionella.
- Manufacturer/Supplier Section – What are federal and state governments doing about PFAS contamination of drinking water? Is there an NFS/ANSI standard? How can you get certified? How do you test water for these contaminants, and how do manufacturers discuss this topic with dealers and consumers?
- Dealer Section – Our technical topic will be final barrier treatment. We also will discuss business operations topics such as what marketing trends are most effective, tips from successful sales professionals, adding income from additional products and services and inventory/truck management.
And the section meetings are only a small part of the plans for MYLC. You also will:
- Hear inspiring keynote speeches, state-of-the-industry reports and updates on ongoing research
- Take part in education sessions on contaminants, treatments, business skills
- Get to know your colleagues at fun social events like a golf tournament or a San Antonio River Walk cruise
- Help raise some money for the Water Quality Research Foundation
More information is available at the new MYLC website, wqa.org/mylc. We hope you’ll make plans now to join us.