By Karen R. Smith
Another January, another new year, another chance to introduce the team of experts who will be vetting the science of every article in Water Conditioning & Purification International Magazine.
We are pleased to welcome the following returning members to our esteemed panel. We plan to increase their numbers by adding new members in the months to come.
- Peter S. Cartwright, P.E., CWS-VI (1996- ) A founding committee member, he heads Cartwright Consulting Co., of Minneapolis.
- Larry Gottlieb (2004-) The general manager of the ARIES Filterworks, a division of ResinTech Inc., and the vice president of the ACM Company, a ResinTech subsidiary that specializes in wastewater treatment using ion exchange.
- Lawrence R. Henke (1996- ) Also a founding member, he’s principal partner in Ionex Inc., of Edina, Minn. Clients include Midwest Water Engineering of Minneapolis, Industrial Environmental Assoc., and many other municipal and private sector organizations.
- Debra E. Huffman, Ph.D. (2003- ) A faculty research associate at the University of South Florida’s College of Marine Science in St. Petersburg, Fla., Debi is also director of USF’s Center for Healthy Beaches/Healthy Coasts and has broad experience in testing efficacy of drinking water treatment devices.
- Evan E. Koslow, Ph.D. (2003- ) Founder and CEO of KX Industries L.P., of Orange, Conn., which was established in 1989.
- Bruce Kucera (2003- ) Vice president of Norland International Inc., a bottled water systems manufacturer based in Lincoln, Neb., his work in the bottled water industry spans over 12 years.
- C.F. (Chubb) Michaud, CWS-VI (1996-1999; 2002- ) Another founding member, Chubb is technical director of Systematix USA Inc., of Buena Park, Calif.
- Shannon Murphy (2004-) Vice president, Municipal Water Programs, Watts Premier Inc., a division of Watts Water Technologies, of North Andover, Mass.
- Kelly A. Reynolds, MSPH, Ph.D. (1997- ) A research scientist at the Environmental Research Laboratory of the University of Arizona’s Department of Soil, Water & Environmental Science in Tucson, she writes our columns on waterborne contaminants: On Tap for WC&P and De la Llave for its sister publication, Agua Latinoamérica.